Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Welcome Winter?

This is what we woke up to this morning-not quite as serene as Ryan and Val's sunrise!

Sorry about the side view, I learned that I should have corrected direction a little earlier in this process. However, here is the new travertine flooring in the upstairs bathroom. It's lovely. I really like it.

Another side view, this time of the progress in the downstairs bathroom: paint, tile, grout, etc. It will be lovely too when it is all put together. And, we have started hauling old skis, luggage, etc. out of the bedroom/storage room to our favorite DI.
Sugar City had the distinction of being Capitol for a Day last Friday and flags lined the street to greet Governer Otter from the freeway to the high school where he met with citizens. It was an impressive site.

More flags. You've just got to love this country!

4 comments:

VALERIE said...

Great Job I think you got it. Love the pictures. And we are proud of you hauling stuff to DI. I went to town the day of all the flags and it was truly a site that brought tears to my eyes. I called Ryan and could hardly keep myself together to tell him about it. We are so blessed.

Dub said...

I love the bathroom pictures, mostly because we both got to tilt our heads to one side and then...tilt our heads to the other!!! The bathroom is going to be so nice downstairs, that way Max won't wake you up when he has to go potty.

Diane said...

Wow, SNOW! I love your bathrooms. We had travertine in our house here and I loved it. It was so easy to clean. You've done a great job. All the flags are really breath taking.

Carol said...

Hi Kathy-lets see . . . how did I find your blog? Hmmm. . .I found it through Courtney Bowans who I had found through Roz Klinglers. Its always fun to find other peoples blogs, isn't it?

I love your bathroom, I bet you love it too.

Hey thanks so much for helping Mindy. She said tonight, "That Kathy is a genius. It sure makes it easier to do this when someone that knows what they are doing shows you all of the little tricks." You have been a lifesaver for her (and me cuz I'm not much help).

Take care and see ya around the blogging world.